1. Cash in those coins for some cash, or “folding crimp.” Make sure you bring plenty of singles, but equally important is the presence of a Benjamin, a Grant or two, some Jacksons and Hamiltons.
2. Check the fridge for a head of broccoli. A true grinder probably doesn’t know that your average bunch of broccoli comes bunched with a nice thick, rubber band.
3. Remove the rubber band from the broccoli. (Be a good person and make sure the veggies are sealed in an airtight bag when you put them back.)
4. Transfer the rubber band from the broccoli to your “cabbage,” (i.e., your gangster roll). There’s no point in doing this if you don’t put the big bills on the outside; it helps if the portrait is facing out. See why they call it “folding green?”
5. Dig your roll out of your front pocket next time you sit down at that soft seat at the $3/$6 across town. Casually whip the rubber band off, peel off a few bills and ask, “Remind me, what’s the buy in again?” Make sure the other rounders see the full array of your dead presidents.
6. Maintain an air of casual disregard for money. After all, what kind of a guy carries that kind of jack around wrapped up in an old broccoli rubber band? A poker badass, that’s the kind.
Leave a Reply